Which pathway is offered?
We offer the Health Sciences. This pathway prepares students for careers in medical settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, pharmacies, and labs. Students can become certified in one of three areas:
- Health Informatics-Medical Transcription
- Heatlhy Informatics- Medical Billing
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Biller
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Nursing Assistant—$12/hour
- Medical Assistant—$14/hour
- Pharmacy Technician—$14/hour
Which certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
Students in the Nursing program prepare for:
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Health Assisting Exam
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification
Students in the Medical Assisting program prepare for:
- The NOCTI Medical Assisting Exam
- Certified Medical Assistant certification
Students in the Pharmacy Technician program prepare for:
- Pharmacy Technician certification