Which pathways are offered?
- Accounting—This pathway prepares students for careers that record, classify, summarize, analyze, and communicate a business's financial information and transactions for use in management decision-making. Accounting can include bookkeeping, systems design, analysis, and interpretation of accounting information.
- Business Operations—This pathway prepares students to facilitate business operations through a variety of administrative and clerical duties including information and communication management, data processing and collection, and project tracking.
- General Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Consultant
- Office Manager
- Accountant Executive
- Financial Analyst
- Bill and Account Collector
- Benefits Specialist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Administrative Services Manager—$96,180/year
- Benefits Specialist—$63,000/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$36,020/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- The NOCTI Accounting Basic Exam
- The NOCTI Accounting Advanced Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam