Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- General Management/Administrative Support—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line, and facilitate business operations through a variety of administrative and clerical duties including information and communication management, data processing and collection, and project tracking.
- Marketing Communications—this pathway prepares students to work in business settings to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising promotions, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Specialist
- Office Manager
- Art/Graphics Director
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Public Relations Specialist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Administrative Services Manager—$96,180/year
- Human Resources Specialist—$60,880/year
- Public Relations Specialist—$60,000/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to two, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- The NOCTI Advertising and Design Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam