Which pathways are offered?
We offer the following pathways:
- Therapeutic Services Pathway––This pathway prepares students for careers in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies. Completion of the pathway prepares students to take the exam to be certified as a Pharmacy Technician [PDF].
- Health Informatics—This pathway prepares students for careers in medical settings such as hospitals, mental health facilities, community health clinics, private offices, and surgery centers. Completion of the pathway prepares students to take the exam to be certified in Medical Billing or Medical Transcription.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Records Technician
- Health Information Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Pharmacy Technician—$ 30,920/year
- Medical Transcriptionist—$35,720/year
- Health Information Technician—$38,040/year
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016 Edition.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
Students in the Pharmacy Technician program prepare for:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
Students in the Medical Billing program prepare for:
- The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate Certification Exam
Students in the Medical Transcription program prepare for:
- The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) Registered Healthcare Documentation Specialist Exam