Which pathways are offered?
- Graphic and Web Design—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
- Software and App Design—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- 3D Animator
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Producer
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- 3D Animator—$72,520/year
- Graphic Designer—$50,370/year
- Web Developer—$69,430/year
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$142,530/year
- Computer Programmer—$84,280/year
- Software Developer—$105,590/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Certiport JAVA, C++, HTML5/CSS3 Certifications
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver Certification