Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
- Marketing Communications—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising promotions, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Support Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Independent Distributor
- Office Manager
- Small Business Owner
- Art/Graphics Director
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Public Relations Specialist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$39,850/year
- Customer Service Representative—$34,710/year
- Art Director—$94,220/year
- Public Relations Specialist—$61,150/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to two, each attainable in one semester)**
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Advertising and Design Exam
- A*S*K Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
** Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.